Saturday, December 29, 2007

A stone who taught me to live

I sat in the corner till a face looked at me.
Hi! He said.
And he had me wondering…
“What a face”…A stone

Gum? He asked.
What do I do in return, I asked?
He smiled.
Ah.. The Stone that smiled.

A smile that, changed things.
Things that became important.
Importance that he gave me..
Me that wasn’t me anymore.

He scared me.
He lied to me.
But I knew him too well.
I hated him for what I knew.

He taught me to love myself.
He taught me to love people.
He taught me to love him.
He taught me to Love.

We so different.
Yet so similar!
Two worlds
That saw the same things.

Then he met her.
And I..
I was happy. One more. I thought.
Till he went away.

Till I realized.
That I had let something go.
That I had let someone go.
That someone had become important

She was lovely.
She was so right for him
I hated her.
I wished I knew voodoo.


I opened the cupboard.
I picked up that dagger.
He was quiet, sitting, calm.
I stabbed him.

I hurt him.
As I saw the blood trickle down his shirt,
There was blood all over my face.
I ran. Ran so fast as if my legs weren’t mine.

Opened the tap.
Washed my face.
A face so ugly so gruesome.
The mirror laughed at me.

The door rang.
I opened it.
A face looked at me.
Hi! He said.
And he had me wondering…
“What a face”…A stone?

No comments: